What to Bring to Your Appointment
• List of the top three things you want to discuss with the doctor.
• List of other caregivers and what you see them for
• List of current prescription or over the counter medications you are taking, including dose and frequency. Please include herbal medicines and vitamins as well.
• Pertinent information about your medical and surgical history. Please also bring any diaries of symptoms you may have, such as headache diaries, a seizure diaries, etc.
• Any x-rays or medical records you may have. Please bring CDs of x-ray images.
• Your insurance card(s)
• Driver's license or other government issued photo ID
• Physician referral forms, if required by insurance
• Any co-payments, based on your insurance plan
Payment and Insurance
We are a provider for Medicare and most major insurance plans. We provide
insurance billing. Anything not covered by insurance will be your responsibility.
We request payment at the time of your appointment for services that are not
covered by insurance. Your insurance company may also require you to pay a co-payment
at the time of your appointment. When necessary, our staff will work closely
with patients who require a payment plan.
If you have any questions regarding which insurance plans we accept or any
patient billing concerns, please call us at 252.752.4848. Questions regarding
your coverage and benefits should be directed to your employer or insurance company.
Listing of current insurances/third party payors that
Carolina Access for Public Entities (CAPE)
Please be sure to contact your insurance carrier for information regarding your
benefits and authorizations.
We are affiliated with East Carolina University School of Medicine and Pitt
County Memorial Hospital and Regional Rehabilitation Center.
Health Information Practices
Health Information Practices for East Carolina Neurology
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed
and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.